Dear Patrons and Friends of the Town of Chester Public Library:
In an effort to keep community members healthy, and to ease the spread of COVID-19, the Town Board has closed the Town of Chester Municipal Building to all but essential personnel. Therefore, the Library will be closed until further notice.
Please note the following changes in our usual procedures and in the information presented in earlier announcements about the Library’s closing:
- we will no longer be able to receive phone messages at the Library;
- patrons will not be able to return items to the book drop as the book drop has been locked;
- patrons are asked to keep any borrowed items at home until the library re-opens. Due dates have been extended until the end of April and no overdue fines will be charged.
- any items on hold for patrons who were unable to pick them up before the Library closed will be kept for them until the Library re-opens.
- the Library wireless service is available 24/7 and no password is necessary to logon. The Library’s wifi can be accessed from the Municipal Building parking lot while the building is closed.
- audiobooks and e-book check outs are available through the Library’s online services of Overdrive and/or Libby. They can be accessed at https://salon.overdrive.com. You can sign in with your library card barcode number on the back of your card.
Please disregard any previous Library re-opening dates. A notice of our re-opening date will be posted once it is determined.
Please continue to contact us through our facebook page (Town of Chester Public Library Adirondacks) or our library email (email@example.com).
And, please be safe and remain healthy. We look forward to seeing you when the Library re-opens!